Basic information about the Papers. The specialty of Makhz is to present articles in the different categories of Urdu language and literature as well as other languages. Articles excluding these categories will not be considered.
- Research (Textual, Subjective, Biographical) In this category it is necessary that the article must cover textual, Subjective, biographical research about classical era. The classical forms of Urdu literature and related documents, antiques and manuscripts are also parts of this category.
- Discussions (Intellectual, Critical) Articles in this category should be about the intellectual and critical discussion like modern western theories of criticism, classical and modern thoughts, theories of eastern criticism, the evolution and development of Urdu criticism and related texts, different arts relating literature and languages & literature of other local languages etc. The discussions in said category should be related to the Urdu as well as other local languages and literatures
- Poetry (Research and Analysis) In this category articles covering different genres of Urdu poetry like Nazm, Ghazal, Qasida, Marsia and others are treated. The different shades like evolution, philosophical perspective, contemporary issues and objective studies based on related texts of these genres are welcomed.
- Language and Linguistics Linguistics research (old and new) in Urdu and contemporary linguistic discussions are part of this category. However, modern linguistic discussions must be connected to the Urdu language or other local languages.
- Iqbal Studies Research articles about Iqbal’s prose, poetry, life and services are included.
- Research/Criticism Research and Criticism as a subject are parts of this category. Research about classical Urdu literature, classical and modern discussions of criticism, related documents and manuscripts are also parts of this category.
- Urdu Fiction (Research and Analysis) Articles about Urdu fiction (classical and modern) are included in this category. This is a broad category and has distinguished identity status in the journal. Research based studies of classical Urdu Myths, Novel, Short story, Drama and Inshaia are considered in this category.
- Non-Fictional Urdu Prose (Research and Analysis) This category entertains critical and analytical study of non-fictional Urdu prose like Letters, Essays, Autobiographies, Biographies, Columns and Reportages etc.
- Translations (Research and Analysis) This category is for the articles discussing art of translation or research in this field. Critical and analytical studies of translated works in Urdu from different languages are also included.
Note: Please keep in mind these categories before sending your research articles for Makhz. For more information read the guidelines.
Submission Preparation Checklist
- As part of the submission process, authors/researchers should check off their submissions compliance with all items below:
- The submission has not been previously published, not it is under-consideration for publication elsewhere.
- The submission file must be in Microsoft Word file format.
- The text adheres to stylistic and bibliographic requirements provided in Author Guidelines section of the Journal.